morpheus

Level 1

• Members
  • Level 1
  • 5 points
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Hello All

Morpheus here, so it has been a while since my last post but figured I'd share a little find that I noticed while trying to resolve an issue that my SE users were having when using audio/video plugin in cometchat for macs.

First and foremost this has only been verified for users using macs & the latest LION OS. So if you are experiencing the "Black Screen" on another OS or machine you can give it a shot but not guaranteed to work. I believe it should though as it seems to be a flash issue not an OS issue.

Steps To Resolve

1.) Verify version of your Flash Player installed.

If you see the following below you will need to UNINSTALL IT, as it is not compatible with A/V for comet chat.
Adobe Flash Player version 11.2.202.233 ( Not Compatible)
Intel-based Macs | 10.69 MB
Browser: Safari, Firefox, Opera

2.) Download Uninstaller

Download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller:
Mac OS X, version 10.6 and later: uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg (238 KB)

3.) Download Flash Player 10.3.183.18

Click Here To Download

4.) Install Flash Player

5.) Reset Browser and Restart Machine. Launch your site and try to load A/V session and it should work.

If you have many users who are on your site, you might want to post this in your "How To" Section as it will save you some headache answering a ton of questions about how come the feature doesn't work. Although many would say just don't use it hehe...

At anyrate, hopefully this post helps people with this issues as it did for me. Of course if you find it useful please give me a +1 rep <_<

Until Next Time, Stay Easy SEF Keep posting & Sharing!

Edited by morpheus, 19 April 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#2 kamal

kamal

Level 4

• Members
  • Level 4
  • 209 points
  • 248 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

can you please upload the cometchat with video plugins?

#3 morpheus

morpheus

Level 1

• Members
  • Level 1
  • 5 points
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:20 AM

can you please upload the cometchat with video plugins?

I believe that is already being shared on SEF so I won't duplicate share. But you can search CometChat, you should be able to find it fairly easy.

~ Morpheus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.