Level 6

• Members
  • Level
  • 340 points
  • 684 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hey guys,

I decided to do a clean install of my new server with my social engine backed up. This is the problem, if anyone is noticing:

If you go to: http://ehcp.net/?q=node/153 to download the EHCP control panel with these commands at the SSH Putty after entering your root and password:

So after you login you execute this command at the Putty SSH:

wget www.ehcp.net/ehcp_latest.tgz
tar -zxvf ehcp_latest.tgz
cd ehcp
./install.sh

wget www.ehcp.net/ehcp_latest.tgz (this file is no longer available at this URL file not found) so I decided to get it from another location. so I changed it to:

wget http://heanet.dl.sou...ehcp_latest.tgz
cd ehcp
./install.sh

Installation went ok, but the only problem I am having is in the EHCP control panel is with the webmail or email I should say, it allows me to make my email accounts on my domain, but the problem is that, after you make it you can login and sent out emails with no problems, but when people write email at the one you created lets say admin@yoursite.com, from another outside email lets say hotmail and you want to send it to the one you created its coming back as:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

admin@yoursite.com

To the email your originally sent it from, and in the webmail for the EHCP its showing as not received. However, if people send messages from the social engine website it works find you can receive it, does anyone know Ubuntu well in how you can fix this problem.

Also the clive and roundcube when you click on the links its showing as page now found, and the the themes if you change it its also causing the template not to work, I think its because there is some theme files missing.

With the old EHCP, it was working perfect, I think the new one has alot of bugs.

Can someone resolve this with Ubuntu and EHCP knowledge, I will be using squiremail the default in the ehcp panel.
If you like my plugins and willing for more plugins nulled.

You can donate any amout you wish to continue my work:

Donate

#2 gotansm

gotansm

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:00 AM

At a command prompt, type:

sudo cat /var/log/mail.log

Locate the entries for the message that people tried to send you. It will specify the reason the mail is not being delivered, for example "Unknown recipient" means the email address doesn't exist and other messages will describe other reasons, for example due to some spam filter that's set up.

Hope this helps.

Hey guys,

I decided to do a clean install of my new server with my social engine backed up. This is the problem, if anyone is noticing:

If you go to: http://ehcp.net/?q=node/153 to download the EHCP control panel with these commands at the SSH Putty after entering your root and password:

So after you login you execute this command at the Putty SSH:

wget www.ehcp.net/ehcp_latest.tgz
cd ehcp
./install.sh

wget www.ehcp.net/ehcp_latest.tgz (this file is no longer available at this URL file not found) so I decided to get it from another location. so I changed it to:

wget http://heanet.dl.sou...ehcp_latest.tgz
cd ehcp
./install.sh

Installation went ok, but the only problem I am having is in the EHCP control panel is with the webmail or email I should say, it allows me to make my email accounts on my domain, but the problem is that, after you make it you can login and sent out emails with no problems, but when people write email at the one you created lets say admin@yoursite.com, from another outside email lets say hotmail and you want to send it to the one you created its coming back as:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.

admin@yoursite.com

To the email your originally sent it from, and in the webmail for the EHCP its showing as not received. However, if people send messages from the social engine website it works find you can receive it, does anyone know Ubuntu well in how you can fix this problem.

Also the clive and roundcube when you click on the links its showing as page now found, and the the themes if you change it its also causing the template not to work, I think its because there is some theme files missing.

With the old EHCP, it was working perfect, I think the new one has alot of bugs.

Can someone resolve this with Ubuntu and EHCP knowledge, I will be using squiremail the default in the ehcp panel.

#3 ayoshidage

ayoshidage

Level 6

• Members
  • Level
  • 340 points
  • 684 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

At a command prompt, type:

sudo cat /var/log/mail.log

Locate the entries for the message that people tried to send you. It will specify the reason the mail is not being delivered, for example "Unknown recipient" means the email address doesn't exist and other messages will describe other reasons, for example due to some spam filter that's set up.

Hope this helps.

This is my Edit DNS Template in my EHCP panel, tell me if everything looks ok:

$TTL 86400
@ IN SOA ns.mydomain.com. {dnsemail} (
{serial} ; Serial, this is www.ehcp.net dns zone template file..
10800 ; Refresh
1200 ; Retry
86400 ; Expire
86400 ) ; Minimum

mydomain.com. IN NS ns.mydomain.com.
ns.mydomain.com. IN A {dnsip}
ns1.mydomain.com. IN A {dnsip}
ns2.mydomain.com. IN A {dnsip}
dns.mydomain.com. IN A {dnsip}
dns1.mydomain.com. IN A {dnsip}
dns2.mydomain.com. IN A {dnsip}
mydomain.com. IN A {webip}
mail.mydomain.com. IN A {mailip}
smtp.mydomain.com. IN A {webip}
imap.mydomain.com. IN A {webip}
webmail.mydomain.com. IN A {webip}
ftp.mydomain.com. IN CNAME mydomain.com.
www.mydomain.com. IN CNAME mydomain.com.
mydomain.com. IN MX 10 mail.mydomain.com.
mydomain.com. IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx"

{customdns}

* IN A {webip}

Is there anything I have to change in the template? Because everytime I go to mail.mydomain.com it takes me to squiremail, I login, I can send out emails from there, but everytime I try to send email from my other provider such as hotmail, I dont receive them in my inbox , and i get that message saying its not delivered its delayed and that message keeps on coming and coming, over and over again.. its getting annoying.

The other configuration is in my dedicated hosting cpanel, I went to nameservers and has two boxes:

Domain and IP allocation

I put mydomain.com where it said add a domain, with the IP allocation which is my server ip and clicked add. Then it added the domain and gave me this chart.

-/- NS ns1.nameserverservice.com
-/- NS ns2.nameserverservice.com
-/-
A
myserverip
-/-
MX
100 mail.mydomain.com
A
myipnumber
ftp
A
myipnumber
mail
A
myipnumber
A
myipnumber

It allows me to change the ip number , but it doesnt allow me to change the default nameserver which is
ns1.nameserverservice.com and ns2.nameserverservice.com

do you think I should put those same ns1.nameserverservice.com in my EHCP panel edit template dns, or do I leave it as ns1.mydomain.com and ns3.mydomain.com???

Do you know?

Edited by ayoshidage, 22 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

Donate

#4 gotansm

gotansm

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Did you look at the mail.log file as I suggested? It will tell you the exact reason why email messages aren't being delivered.

It's hard to figure out without the real names and IP addresses. At a command prompt, type:

dig <yourdomain.com>

and

dig <yourdomain.com> mx

It will show you how the records exist and who the nameservers are.

#5 ayoshidage

ayoshidage

Level 6

• Members
  • Level
  • 340 points
  • 684 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:11 PM

Did you look at the mail.log file as I suggested? It will tell you the exact reason why email messages aren't being delivered.

It's hard to figure out without the real names and IP addresses. At a command prompt, type:

dig <yourdomain.com>

and

dig <yourdomain.com> mx

It will show you how the records exist and who the nameservers are.

Yep this is whats coming up:

dig <yourdomain.com> gives me this:

Server 69.64.44.20#53 (69.64.44.20)
WHEN : Sun April 22.......
MSG Size rcv: 27

dig <yourdomain.com> mx
mydomain 86400 IN MX 100 mail.mydomain.com

now what do I do ???

Edited by ayoshidage, 22 April 2012 - 10:11 PM.

Donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.