Photo
- - - - -

What is the best way to learn Social Engine core?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 punit

punit

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Hello,

We are building an application using Social Engine is a base. Encountering some issues due to our lack of understanding as to how things function in the core.

We have installed the plugin for Polls and it works flawlessly. We want to create a similar plugin as polls. Everything is working except that whenever we LIKE a feed generated by that plugin, it shows all the feeds of that type have been LIKED by the same user.

Is there any documentation which explains the working of Social Engine?

Thanks,
-Punit.

#2 SOLID

SOLID

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 93 points
  • 196 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Users Awards

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

"What is the best way to learn Social Engine core?"

Learn to understand PHP, then Zend.

Edited by SOLID, 24 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

My SE4 Services:
-Mod cloning/duplication
-Mod/plugin customizations/integrations
-Profile field looping (Pulling database information from profiles (or anywhere) and placing it anywhere on the site)
-vBulletin 3 to SE4 (members, forums & threads)
-Mobile site design/customizations
-Mobile site mod integrations (Albums, Articles, Music, ANYTHING!) (HE Mobile)
-Custom theme integration
-Troubleshooting

My SE3 Services:
-Profile field looping (Pulling database information from profiles (or anywhere) and placing it anywhere on the site)
-Mobile site design/customizations
-Custom theme integration
-Troubleshooting

My free SEF Services:
-Limited troubleshooting
-Limited design/customizations
-Limited support

SKILLS: Desktop/Mobile web design, Desktop/Mobile web programming, PHP, Zend, Smarty, jQuery/mootools, HTML, MySQL, On-Page SEO

UNDERGOING PREMIUM MODS: Admin CP "Who's Online & What they're doing" (Highly Extensive)
FUTURE PREMIUM MODS: jQuery alert popup "jGrowl" (like facebook)

For freelance work, send me a PM inquiry. I'm negotiable on fair prices :)

#3 AwaisQarni

AwaisQarni

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 3 points
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

"What is the best way to learn Social Engine core?"

Learn to understand PHP, then Zend.

I am developing modules in socialengine4. Now I need to change the core functionality of the application. I need to make some changes in user signup process by adding some core features like proving auto complete fields.

I know this is a core feature of `User module of SocialEngine`. But `This is not a good practice because any update of socialengine will override my changes`.

I have searched the solution but couldn't be able to find any thing. I know if you want to change any thing in core modules of `magento`, it directs us specific way to do that. Similarly I want to know the process, how can I change in socialengine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.