edc2k11

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 21 points
  • 47 posts
    • Software:SE 4.7.x

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

I wonder why there isn't any Chinese language pack made available to members when there are over 1 billion Chinese reading, writing, speaking people? I can only think that those that have the language pack files are not willing to share as they want to make money from it...

:(

Edited by edc2k11, 03 December 2012 - 03:06 AM.

Ed Carriere
www.edsrv.info
www.faithisbelieving.org

#2 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,015 points
  • 3,316 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

I wonder why there isn't any Chinese language pack made available to members when there are over 1 billion Chinese reading, writing, speaking people? I can only think that those that have the language pack files are not willing to share as they want to make money from it...

:(

I believe you are right! Since being a member since the beginning of the year, I have seen numerous requests that have been unfulfilled by other members looking for the chinese language pack! Because it would be such a "HOT" seller, it is not being shared.

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#3 xenonn

xenonn

Level 5

• Members
  • Level
  • 569 points
  • 474 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

my friend chines all spam and not real people,u can check this users email and see all email is wrong and not valid
[Coming soon]

#4 socialtimegmx

socialtimegmx

Pro Developer

• Premium
  • Level
  • 141 points
  • 465 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

my friend chines all spam and not real people,u can check this users email and see all email is wrong and not valid

well, i agree there is many spammer in china. even i am not a chinese. i can speak chinese. i had plan to open up a SE Site but no Simplified Language pack. its $60 usd to buy. a way expensive...
Stay Hungry Stay Foolish -

#5 edc2k11

edc2k11

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 21 points
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

I somewhat disagree with some comments as I live in Taiwan and I know that most in Taiwan do not spam. While it is true that most spam comes from Russia, China and that area, Taiwan should not be thought of in that way. The Traditional Chinese language is mostly spoken in Taiwan as Simplified Chinese is in all other locations.

Yes, it is expensive to get someone to go and translate the whole language. I have been asking around to see if any of my Taiwanese friends are interested in doing the translations but none are interested even if paid to do it.

Until I find a version online, I will have to do the translations on my own using Dr.Eye and then have a friend proofread it.
Ed Carriere
www.edsrv.info
www.faithisbelieving.org

#6 bulldba

bulldba

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

Okay, I am Chinese, I will try to translate the English pack to Chinese Pack, and will be posted here!

#7 Rigel

Rigel

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Okay, I am Chinese, I will try to translate the English pack to Chinese Pack, and will be posted here!

OK I wait youuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

#8 edc2k11

edc2k11

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 21 points
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I shall wait to see what can come up with. Hopefully, it will be traditional Chinese.

:rolleyes:
Ed Carriere
www.edsrv.info
www.faithisbelieving.org

#9 edc2k11

edc2k11

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 21 points
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:39 PM

I shall wait to see what can come up with. Hopefully, it will be traditional Chinese.

:rolleyes:

I have yet to see a Mandarin (Traditional) Chinese version language pack. It is not something that you will see available for free as those that have it want to make money from it. You also need to remember that every SE4 website is different and the language pack files will differ according to the modules installed.
Ed Carriere
www.edsrv.info
www.faithisbelieving.org

#10 leonsky

leonsky

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 49 points
  • 200 posts
    • Software:SE 4.5.x

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

please list all original SE language file name, not third party language file.
i will upload "Chinese Simplified (zh/zh_cn)" ASAP to you all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.