Nagbhushan

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hi All,

I started learning SE recently. I want to know how to write our own module. I have create the module package & installed it.
I want to know how to display the data that gets inserted from front end in the admin panel.

I have checked the Advanced Event modules, but no clues of how that is integrated into the admin, what are steps that should be followed to do this.

I want to know all the basics of writing a module for both front end & administration panel.

e.g:-
If i am creating my company stores listing page, I should be able to insert it into databse from front end and should also be able to display it in the backend i.e admin for editing or deleting it by admin.

Please help me in achieving this ASAP.

regards,
NB

#2 SPQR

SPQR

Blue Team Mike 1

• Banned
  • Level
  • 1,511 points
  • 979 posts
    • Software:SE 4.5.x

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Writing whole New Module, from scratch, is very complex work. Also time-consuming job, so if you already don't have pretty much experiences with php and SE, give up. We mess with SE almost 3 yrs now, and not yet capable for constructing whole new module(s)...

#3 ChanceTrahan

ChanceTrahan

Level 4

• Banned
  • Level
  • 83 points
  • 200 posts
    • Software:SE 4.5.x

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

That's not a very encouraging reply, DO NOT GIVE UP.

Take other plugins and gut them. Study the plugin codes enough times until you can understand what you need.
Other people are making their own widgets already. From what I understand, it's not hard. You just have to start out small and work your way up to whole plugins. If HE Developers can do it, so can you! I will just leave it at that, don't let people discourage you!!!!!! Learn how to faster. Just because your team did it for 3 years unsuccessfully doesn't mean a developer can't figure it out on their own. "How many monkeys does it take to screw in a light bulb?"
[Spam Links Removed] [WARNING] Perpetrator of Fraud

#4 ivanpolakovic

ivanpolakovic

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 21 points
  • 24 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

Fastest way would be in my opinion:

find yourself a nulled module, which does the same thing, or at least, which is the most similar.

Learn it. Try to replace code in it, so nobody could find out, where it came from. Learn it and troubleshoot. Than make changes and troubleshoot. Than troubleshoot and troubleshoot.

Somewhere here, you realize, you understand this a bit.

Here, you would continue with the above steps.

You will end up with a module totally unrecognizable by its first developers, changed in a way, nobody has, and still, save a lot of time.

Someone can call it "stealing" of code, I call it "learing" to code.... :-)

Use a good text processor (notepad++, or UltraEdit) for any changes and a testing socialengine installation...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.