Photo
- - - - -

A plugin that asks users a question during registration?

plugin questions registration signup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Milenas

Milenas

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Is there a plugin that asks a question to a new user - if the answer is incorrect, the user cannot continue with registration?

The plugin would also allow the admin to set the questions and the answers.

#2 Developerx

Developerx

Level 5

• Banned
  • Level
  • 706 points
  • 356 posts
    • Software:Older SE

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Is there a plugin that asks a question to a new user - if the answer is incorrect, the user cannot continue with registration?

The plugin would also allow the admin to set the questions and the answers.

You mean security questions for spam , SE didn't add something like this but you can create random questions from profile questions under setting tab and make it required but the spammers will update their robots to avoid this so search the forum for Honeypot project it's already shared or PM me to get custom .htacces code.

#3 Milenas

Milenas

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

You mean security questions for spam , SE didn't add something like this but you can create random questions from profile questions under setting tab and make it required but the spammers will update their robots to avoid this so search the forum for Honeypot project it's already shared or PM me to get custom .htacces code.

Hey, thanks for replying. Sorry for not being clear with my query.

My site is targeted at a small community, the language of which will not be known to any spammer (the script of our language is Roman btw). I had used a similar module with phpfox at one point in time.

I'm looking at the usual

"Answer the following question"

"What is One + One" etc <- This question will be in our language, which obviously will not be understood by any spammer. Also, the answer will have to typed in our language, which only a person of our community can answer). Is there such a module/plugin?

But you can create random questions from profile questions under setting tab and make it required.

My bad. Why didn't I think of this. Thanks a bunch! :beer: :beer:

Edited by Milenas, 22 August 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#4 Milenas

Milenas

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

My bad. Why didn't I think of this. Thanks a bunch! :beer: :beer:

Doh! Looks like users can still login even when I set it to required. Could it be because I've set the Auto-approve Members to No?

/sorry mods if I'm doing (posting) too much.

Edited by Milenas, 22 August 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#5 Developerx

Developerx

Level 5

• Banned
  • Level
  • 706 points
  • 356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Doh! Looks like users can still login even when I set it to required. Could it be because I've set the Auto-approve Members to No?

/sorry mods if I'm doing (posting) too much.

Look for honeypot project it will be better

#6 Milenas

Milenas

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Look for honeypot project it will be better

Hey, thanks again. I'm installing it as I post this :)

Edited by Milenas, 22 August 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#7 Developerx

Developerx

Level 5

• Banned
  • Level
  • 706 points
  • 356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Hey, thanks again. I'm installing it as I post this :)

If you plan to use Honeypot project must install webhive core firstly , also don't use sign up widgets in the home page as it causes lots of bugs.

#8 Milenas

Milenas

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 1 points
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

If you plan to use Honeypot project must install webhive core firstly , also don't use sign up widgets in the home page as it causes lots of bugs.

Would you mind pointing me to the webhive core link (is it free) or if there's a nulled version over here. Yup, i'm no using the sign up widgets in the ohme page.

#9 Developerx

Developerx

Level 5

• Banned
  • Level
  • 706 points
  • 356 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

Would you mind pointing me to the webhive core link (is it free) or if there's a nulled version over here. Yup, i'm no using the sign up widgets in the ohme page.

Search the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.