#1 Maudio

Maudio

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:30 PM

My desired outcome would be to be able to playback videos from my site on my IPad. i understand that Safari does not support Flash even though I can watch youtube videos...

Is there an alternative or enhancement code for the video module that can playback what Safari on mobile devices will play back? 

If I knew more about how all of this works i could probably ask more intelligently but hopefully you get the end objective. 

Thank you.

Don

#2 Speedy

Speedy

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 157 points
  • 106 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

You need to change it to spit out mp4 files, only problem is any videos you have right now will not convert only new files. Let me find the tutorial for you to do so.

#3 Speedy

Speedy

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 157 points
  • 106 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

damn cant find it anymore gonna have to look around sorry mate

#4 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,046 points
  • 3,346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

Sounds like something that [YN] YouNet Advanced Video

would be great for!!! 

Dependency:

Improvement
  • Autoplay video when viewing detail video
  • Compatible with Youtube Data API v3
  • Compatible with Responsive Templates
  • Compatible with YouNet Mobile View Template 4.02, bring exact mobile web user experience
  • Uploaded videos automatically converted into MP4 format which is popularly supported by HTML5 players.
  • Change HTML5 player on web view
  • Add videos with embed code (iframe)

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#5 Maudio

Maudio

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

damn cant find it anymore gonna have to look around sorry mate

Wow! this sounds pretty easy or at least something i can perform. Thank you BTLM1 ;-)

Sounds like something that [YN] YouNet Advanced Video

would be great for!!! 

Dependency:

Improvement
  • Autoplay video when viewing detail video
  • Compatible with Youtube Data API v3
  • Compatible with Responsive Templates
  • Compatible with YouNet Mobile View Template 4.02, bring exact mobile web user experience
  • Uploaded videos automatically converted into MP4 format which is popularly supported by HTML5 players.
  • Change HTML5 player on web view
  • Add videos with embed code (iframe)

i'll check into this are you a user?

You need to change it to spit out mp4 files, only problem is any videos you have right now will not convert only new files. Let me find the tutorial for you to do so.

i believe I have some MP4 videos up i'll do some testing. Does this mean that they should play or are still requiring some tweaking...?

#6 Speedy

Speedy

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 157 points
  • 106 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:13 AM

well, they'd need to be converted to be able to play on iphone and stuff. But if you use the plugin that les showed you it will fix the problem for you asap on any new videos you upload automatically.

#7 slightlysociable

slightlysociable

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 48 points
  • 208 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

I might be misunderstanding the problem here. You are talking about videos uploaded directly to your site, rather than youtube and vimeo right? I haven't experienced a problem on iOS devices with SE video in quite some time. In your admin panel/video/global settings you have the "HTML5 Video Support" checkbox checked correct?

It's not so much the codec that's the problem, but the transmission method, like you hinted at.
Flash = no. HTML5 = yes.
It can be MP4 in both cases but of course only the latter will work with iOS.

#8 Maudio

Maudio

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

I did not have the admin setting as you describe. That was the key. Thank you for the response.

I also have another post regarding the invitation email embedded link not going to the sign up page? Any insight?
Thanks again for everyone's help.

#9 slightlysociable

slightlysociable

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 48 points
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

No problem, glad you can get it to work for now without spending money and time configuring another damn plugin ha.
I did see your thread on the invitation email but I don't have an answer for you sorry.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Flash, Ipad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.