#1 mercuryman

mercuryman

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 5 points
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

There's something strange happening with my site.

I recently changed hosts.

Odd as it may sound....when I log on to admin using my laptop, the changes I make don't show up on my site. The changes only show up on the computer I'm using.

If I log on to admin using my mobile, any changes I make don't show up on my laptop. It's almost like my computer isn't paying any attention to the script.

Also, I changed my admin password using my mobile, and now I can't log in as admin using my computer. I've cleared cache (properly) and cleared the DNS cache. My site looks different on my mobile and computer. Script problem ya think? IP issue? DNS issue? I'm stumped :(

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Fresh Developer

• Members
  • Level
  • 148 points
  • 224 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:43 PM

If you feel confident enough, give me a PM with your cpanel and SE4 details, I'll fix it in no time.

Up to you.

+ like my posts if you like my post. The more likes I have, the more I can help. ;)

post-25643-0-72029900-1428162645.png

#3 mercuryman

mercuryman

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 5 points
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hi.

The issue has been resolved.

My hosting company asked me to edit my computers 'hosts' file by adding the new IP and my URL to it (for some reason). I've never been asked to do that before, they're a recommended and popular company.

Anyways, I joined CloudFlare (which I recommend) so my site was running from their server and IP. That configuration wasn't the information on my 'hosts' file. All is well now.

Thanks for your reply Phoenix, much appreciated.

Cheers!

Edited by mercuryman, 10 December 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#4 Phoenix

Phoenix

Fresh Developer

• Members
  • Level
  • 148 points
  • 224 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:19 AM

Cool, happy to know it worked out for you.

As always, if you need help, you know where to go.

+ like my posts if you like my post. The more likes I have, the more I can help. ;)

post-25643-0-72029900-1428162645.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: log in, login, password, admin, admin login

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.