Photo
- - - - -

Hiya hope someone can help re profile questions and profile image

profile questions profile image profile social engine php social engine 4 specific question type questions mysql php

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 03:26 PM

Hi Community 

Hope your well.

Wondered if anyone knew about profile questions.

When adding a specific question like Country it has a list, upon selecting for example UK, it doesnt give a additional box with pull down menu for county's or states if USA was choosen etc

I know there is a specific City box, but users have to type their City in.

so i was wondering

1. Is there a way to fix this, rather than manually redo-ing the Country box, then highlighting each country, selecting edit to add extra questions to that question and adding the county for each country individually,
  2. can i edit this quicker in the php file or mysql database, if so does anyone know the location of these files to do so?

website i.d or username rather than whole link

also is there a way of creating my own specific questions.

There is a facebook question and twitter, where users input their usernames.

Obviously for instagram this would have to be a "website specific question" and users whould have to enter full url rather than just their i.d. like the fb and twitter ones.

So is there a way to do this?

profile image

lastly, is there a way to make the profile picture a portraight (8x10) type format rather than square, and when uploading a photo it forces users to have this size, ie if upload square photo, it will cut the sides off to fit portrait.

thanks for help anyone,

#2 Phoenix

Phoenix

Fresh Developer

• Members
  • Level
  • 148 points
  • 224 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

Hi Community 

Hope your well.

When adding a specific question like Country it has a list, upon selecting for example UK, it doesnt give a additional box with pull down menu for county's or states if USA was choosen etc

so i was wondering

1. Is there a way to fix this, rather than manually redo-ing the Country box, then highlighting each country, selecting edit to add extra questions to that question and adding the county for each country individually,
  2. can i edit this quicker in the php file or mysql database, if so does anyone know the location of these files to do so?

I know there is a GeoData file you can use to program PHP on.

Google it, I don't remember  the exact location of it.

Obviously for instagram this would have to be a "website specific question" and users whould have to enter full url rather than just their i.d. like the fb and twitter ones.

Make the question reflect that they NEED to fill out the entire URL, it's the easiest way.

profile image

lastly, is there a way to make the profile picture a portraight (8x10) type format rather than square, and when uploading a photo it forces users to have this size, ie if upload square photo, it will cut the sides off to fit portrait.

That you will have to manually do in your template files.

My advice is to copy the code from the profile picture widget from TheBook template and play around with the settings.

thanks for help anyone,

I hope this helps you on your way.

Happy coding.

Edited by Phoenix, 15 December 2015 - 05:20 PM.

+ like my posts if you like my post. The more likes I have, the more I can help. ;)

post-25643-0-72029900-1428162645.png

#3 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:13 PM

Hi Community 

Hope your well.

so i was wondering

I know there is a GeoData file you can use to program PHP on.

Google it, I don't remember  the exact location of it.

Make the question reflect that they NEED to fill out the entire URL, it's the easiest way.

profile image

That you will have to manually do in your template files.

My advice is to copy the code from the profile picture widget from TheBook template and play around with the settings.

thanks for help anyone,

I hope this helps you on your way.

Happy coding.

coolio thanks for reply.

yea will just inform enter full link, would have just looked nicer if just input user names etc, purely as some users get easierly confused 

will play around with that widget using google chrome inspect tools.

yea i saw a geo data file, but was £999 ouch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: profile questions, profile image, profile, social engine php, social engine 4, specific question type, questions, mysql, php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.