Photo
- - - - -

choosing the right hosting, help please as hostgator terrible

social engine social engine php php host hosting cloud server servers hostgator

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: social engine supports hosts (2 member(s) have cast votes)

best hosts who understand social engine

1. Arvixe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Fastcomet (2 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. tmd hosting (0 votes [0.00%])

4. host upon (0 votes [0.00%])

5. pipe ten (0 votes [0.00%])

6. host iso (0 votes [0.00%])

7. siteground (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 7 hosts (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:44 PM

Hi all

been a while since hosting been discussed.

lets chat hosting, i mean great hosting, not hosting where someone has affiliate links.

I mean hosting where the hosting companies understand social engine.
below you can read Hostgator experienced summed up, it was ten times was than what i have wrote.

anyway love to hear bout hosting

ive found these

im only keen on cloud or vps (not ready for dedicated, and dont want shared)

Arvixe

fastcomet

tmdhosting (used 3 years ago, was rubbish, dunno about now)

hostupon

hostiso

siteground

pipeten

7hosts

great to hear everyones opinion, 

having hosts that dont understand socialengine is just awful, they will blame it, before they blame fault on server or in whm during the compiler 

I just had the worse experience with hostgator, on my yearly paid up front vps snappy 2000.

they made update in whm, killed the site that was running 2 months fine as was editing and putting question fields in, and arranging layout etc.

server died for over 2 hours and they couldnt access or ping.
when returned back, error 500.
they blamed the htaccess saying old scripts at fault, stuck in a 10 loop htaccess.

and deleted all htacces files, so it showed index.php everywhere in link bar

ie

domain.com/index.php/members

domain.com/index.php/profile/1

you get picture, they then sent me to cancellations, part refunded, blaming social engine

I have chat logs and emails between that i may expose host gator for how they treated me, when PDO was the fault.

#2 sco77ish1

sco77ish1

Level 3

• Members
  • Level
  • 175 points
  • 96 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

I cant vote for more than one so that wont be fair please see this topic http://www.socialeng...s-discuss-this/

Any other questions message me

#3 Salman

Salman

Red Team Sierra 1

• Administrators
  • Level
  • 3,342 points
  • 6,256 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:33 PM

Hi all

been a while since hosting been discussed.

lets chat hosting, i mean great hosting, not hosting where someone has affiliate links.

I mean hosting where the hosting companies understand social engine.
below you can read Hostgator experienced summed up, it was ten times was than what i have wrote.

anyway love to hear bout hosting

ive found these

im only keen on cloud or vps (not ready for dedicated, and dont want shared)

Arvixe

fastcomet

tmdhosting (used 3 years ago, was rubbish, dunno about now)

hostupon

hostiso

siteground

pipeten

7hosts

great to hear everyones opinion, 

having hosts that dont understand socialengine is just awful, they will blame it, before they blame fault on server or in whm during the compiler 

I just had the worse experience with hostgator, on my yearly paid up front vps snappy 2000.

they made update in whm, killed the site that was running 2 months fine as was editing and putting question fields in, and arranging layout etc.

server died for over 2 hours and they couldnt access or ping.
when returned back, error 500.
they blamed the htaccess saying old scripts at fault, stuck in a 10 loop htaccess.

and deleted all htacces files, so it showed index.php everywhere in link bar

ie

domain.com/index.php/members

domain.com/index.php/profile/1

you get picture, they then sent me to cancellations, part refunded, blaming social engine

I have chat logs and emails between that i may expose host gator for how they treated me, when PDO was the fault.

Why not join 7SKYHOST :)

We are only Best and Premium Hosting Providers ;)

click this if you want to +1rep my post Posted Image if you found its quality work

#4 zoldos

zoldos

Level 7

• Premium
  • Level
  • 266 points
  • 1,181 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

I'd reply but remember, my posts are rubbish according to the OP.

Be glad you still have your mind...and your soul...

#5 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:08 AM

I'd reply but remember, my posts are rubbish according to the OP.

Ok, i did alot research and even made a new thread dedicated to this, fastcomet are the best option.

#6 larrrard

larrrard

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 3 points
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

I worked for Hostgator from 2004 until 2012 (even moved with them from Boca Raton FL to Houston TX) as a Level 3 Administrator. I left when Brent Oxley sold the company to this guy who is known as a corporate raider.

We USED to take ownership and pride in what we did, but over the years I saw the service levels decline, so unfortunately, I am NOT surprised at all at the bad treatment the OP got. I am just surprised he even got a partial refund, since that policy seems to have gone south since Brent sold out.

HG used to have 100% US Customer Service and Technical Support but that has fallen by the way side. CS now consists of script readers in foreign countries. Also, HG had their servers at ThePlanet, which was sold to IBM a few years ago and became SoftLayer.

So for them to have this many problems in such a short time is not surprising. All of the top levels left after the sale, including Lance Custen, Josh and Brandi Banks and myself.

I used to ALWAYS recommend the Gator, but I will NEVER recommend them again. Right now, I am hosted at IFast but once AT&T completes the Gigabit fiber rollout in my area of Houston, I will self-host. I have more then enough Centos capable machines to be able to cluster them all together and make a kick-ass server farm in my home office.

IFast meets my needs right now, and that's the main thing. If I can hold out until the Gigabit gets installed, I am golden. If not I will do a month to month on a dedicated.

IMHO and no, I am NOT a shill for IFast ]:)

#7 olidev

olidev

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

I would recommend you to stay away from shared hosting at all cost. Shared servers have terrible performance and security, no matter which provider you are using. Infrastructures, like DigitalOcean and Linode are far better and affordable. But if you don't know how to setup PHP based stack on these servers, then you can use Cloudways PHP website hosting platform. With this platform, you can launch a managed server on these infrastructures in just few clicks. The platform configures the stack and optimizes the server automatically. This way you can get performance and convenience.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social engine, social engine php, php, host, hosting, cloud, server, servers, hostgator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.