• 108 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Come on SE Forum

Lets discuss this, lets chat.

Hosting is so important 

Ive found some hosts that claim they understand social engine needs

Arvixe

fastcomet

tmdhosting (used 3 years ago, was rubbish, dunno about now)

hostupon

hostiso

siteground

pipeten

7hosts

can anyone suggest anyone else ie are AWS good etc

im looking to have a maxiumum of 30k users creating profiles over 3 years

concurrent users once could be 250, but be nice to think 1000 would be great to handle

#2 sco77ish1

sco77ish1

Level 3

• Members
  • Level
  • 175 points
  • 96 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

anyone of them is good and understand social engine needs nowadays, remember you get what you pay for so dont expect a shared hosting package to keep up with the needs of social engine once you start getting alot of members. so if i was you i would compare all the hosting companys you have stated and see what meets your needs to get started then go from there. I have hosting with 4 of these companys and none of them have let me down and are very quick at responding to queries. Everyone has different needs and finances so my advice to you would be to look at plans and get in touch with them through their chats, try get a deal as i did on a lot i got half price on 2 hosting packages.

#3 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

@sco77ish1great to hear your reply.

i dont like to think that this forum only get comments on nulled scripts.

i do think this is a important topic, esp as hosting companies change and sell out.

personally i dont want the headache of shared.

I had hostgator vps but they took down my trousers and, well you get the picture, and no vaseline was used.

Im leaning to cloud as its easierly scalable

AWS amazon is too complicated and a massive headache to understand wtf they talking about

My friends SE site he had Averixe, but response time was aweful

Before that he had TMD, and theyre response time was awesome, but so much downtime, and they had to keep rebooting.

im leaning towards fastcomet and siteground.

love to hear more, and how they handle your sites matey?

How many concurrent users do they handle?

#4 FireTech

FireTech

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 2 points
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:10 AM

Great discussion. I have been a Ning user for a decade, but sick of their crap... really leaning towards SE, but want to make sure I don't make ignorant mistakes. Look forward to what you guys have to say about hosting.

#5 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

@FireTech im hoping more users will give their thoughts about this subject. you need a host that openly says they support social engine. Host gator wont help if issues occur on the server as they will blame the script when issue is their fault

#6 paulsj

paulsj

Level 7

• Premium
  • Level
  • 379 points
  • 1,255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:21 PM

I've tried many shared hosting services. Most take 15-20 seconds to load on first visit to the site. Then loading pages will cache and it appears faster. However, as you continue to use and more people come to the site, it will take forever to load.

SocialEngine 4 is not for shared hosting. You need at least VSP or dedicated server.

#7 poeticjustice

poeticjustice

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:00 PM

oh i would never ever consider shared hosting

#8 janan

janan

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 6 points
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:00 PM

which is a cheap and best dedicated hosting can somebody tell me ?

#9 janan

janan

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 6 points
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT fast comet? SHOULD I GO FOR IT?

#10 tonytiger78

tonytiger78

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:56 AM

Have you tried Amazon Elastic Beanstalk? I have deployed a few apps to Elastic Beanstalk and they are awesome with no downtime, autoscaling, etc, etc and kinda simple to use compared to some other Amazon offerings, I think this is going to be the way to go for a good SE install, I have tried Digital Ocean in the past but I would not trust a full website to properly run there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hosting, host, social engine, php, aws, server, dedicated, vps, shared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.