Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,168 points
  • 3,447 posts
    • Software:SE 5.x

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:28 AM

CometChat bar does not appear on my site after installation.

If your bar does not appear after installation, then any of the following could be the issue for this:

1. Template code has not been updated

You may have not updated your site template code correctly. Visit your site, view source code and search for cometchatjs.php. If not found, then please update your site template again.

2. Path to CometChat is incorrect

During detection, it is possible that the path to CometChat is detected incorrectly. To manually check if the path exists, click on view source for your site page and find cometchatjs.php and cometchatcss.php. Now check if these paths are correct.

3. Compression interference

To reduce bandwidth usage, CometChat uses compression by default. However, this may interfere with the site’s compression policies. To disable compression, manually edit config.php and change GZIP_ENABLED to 0.

4. Site cache interference

To improve site’s performance, few CMS stores the source code, css and java script in the site’s cache. So in order to get CometChat on your site after adding the correct CometChat HTML code in your site template file, you need to clear or recompile the site’s cache.

Most Common Reason

The most common reason for CometChat to disappear from your site is when you update your base software or change the site template.

Simply add the following code to your site template after the <head> tag:

<link type="text/css" href="/cometchat/cometchatcss.php" rel="stylesheet" charset="utf-8"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/cometchat/cometchatjs.php" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Les, 16 June 2016 - 02:29 AM.

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#2 honalans

honalans

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:50 AM

I follow these Steps but chat bar wil show 1 seconde, and it disappear

#3 honalans

honalans

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:08 AM

when I view the: Source Code
I can see cometchatjs.php

Every thing is ok

but the chat bar show 1 second then Disapeare

Edited by honalans, 16 June 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#4 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,168 points
  • 3,447 posts
    • Software:SE 5.x

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

when I view the: Source Code
I can see cometchatjs.php

Every thing is ok

but the chat bar show 1 second then Disapeare

Did you clear your sites cache in the admin/backend at "yoursite.com/admin/core/settings/performance" ?

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#5 honalans

honalans

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

yes but the same problem

#6 honalans

honalans

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 82 points
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:11 PM

Does any one Have a Solution ??!!

#7 javis

javis

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 9 points
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:42 AM

the same problem help

#8 buddyshare

buddyshare

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 98 points
  • 176 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:15 AM

Does any one Have a Solution ??!!

the same problem help

Here The Solution ... i Use old cometchat in my SE 4.8.12 . Hope it can Help you !

Click here http://www.socialeng...d/?hl=cometchat

This My Web : http://web.buddy-share.com (Indonesian SE)
My Fan Page : https://www.facebook.com/buddy4share
My Profile : http://web.buddy-share.com/profile/TeamBuddy

#9 Echoes

Echoes

Level 5

• Members
  • Level
  • 91 points
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

CometChat bar does not appear on my site after installation.

If your bar does not appear after installation, then any of the following could be the issue for this:

1. Template code has not been updated

You may have not updated your site template code correctly. Visit your site, view source code and search for cometchatjs.php. If not found, then please update your site template again.

2. Path to CometChat is incorrect

During detection, it is possible that the path to CometChat is detected incorrectly. To manually check if the path exists, click on view source for your site page and find cometchatjs.php and cometchatcss.php. Now check if these paths are correct.

3. Compression interference

To reduce bandwidth usage, CometChat uses compression by default. However, this may interfere with the site’s compression policies. To disable compression, manually edit config.php and change GZIP_ENABLED to 0.

4. Site cache interference

To improve site’s performance, few CMS stores the source code, css and java script in the site’s cache. So in order to get CometChat on your site after adding the correct CometChat HTML code in your site template file, you need to clear or recompile the site’s cache.

Most Common Reason

The most common reason for CometChat to disappear from your site is when you update your base software or change the site template.

Simply add the following code to your site template after the <head> tag:

<link type="text/css" href="/cometchat/cometchatcss.php" rel="stylesheet" charset="utf-8"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/cometchat/cometchatjs.php" charset="utf-8"></script>

When you delete cookie of my website (with console developper) my cometchat reappear, why ?

thank you

#10 javis

javis

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 9 points
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

Here The Solution ... i Use old cometchat in my SE 4.8.12 . Hope it can Help you !

Click here http://www.socialeng...d/?hl=cometchat

no work for me ... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.