• 3,316 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

From community.onsocialengine.com

APR 13, 2018  |  03:08AM PDT
Donna replied:

Hello Les,

Thank you for contacting SocialEngine support! I’m happy to help you with your inquiry.

Yes, that is correct. More info found in this thread, https://community.on...opment-standard .

We encourage you to use our certified marketplace, https://www.socialen.../categories/all as those plugins are all tested. If you don’t find one you want, https://www.socialen.../categories/all , perhaps find one there and then ask that expert to submit it for certification.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Regards,
Donna

https://community.on...opment-standard

Younetco Wiki - A example of bad third party development standard

I already opened a discussion about the lack of development standards among SE developers. Recently I brought the Younetco wiki a plugin that costs USD 89 and to my surprise the plugin is missing several things. Just to start the plugin doesn't have support to description in the activity feed, so when you create a Wiki in the feed only the title and the image appear. This doesn't make any sense.

Beyond this the layout of the plugin is completly different what make CSS rules from default themes from SE can't work fine.

•  
    •  

Gabry I also had bad business with this guy's.The worst thing that they make is that they launch for example the plugin "Music" and after 3 months they don't update it anymore and they launch another music plugin called "Advanced music" and so one ..so we are forced to buy the next plugin as they don't update anymore the first one. Why they don't transform the first "Music" plugin in "Advanced music" so the customers that bought it to be able to continue using it or at least give it for free to the customers that bought the first "Music" plugin as an update. That means they want only money and not care about customers. I also had bad business with this guy's.The worst thing that they make is that they launch for example the plugin "Music" and after 3 months they don't update it anymore and they launch another music plugin called "Advanced music" and so one ..so we are forced to buy the next plugin as they (…more)
      •  
      •  

Donna Hello @Gabry ,

Thank you for posting your feedback. As we have not approved their Expert developer account (mentioned below), we don't anticipate clients having further issues going forward since they are no longer in our Marketplace. For those that already have their products, you would want to contact them to seek assistance or perhaps see if there are other Experts in our Marketplace with plugins that could replace the ones you purchased.
      Hello @Gabry ,

Thank you for posting your feedback. As we have not approved their Expert developer account (mentioned below), we don't anticipate clients having further issues going forward since they are no longer in our Marketplace. For those that already have their products, you would wan (…more)
        •  
        •  

Gabry Thank you for your reply, glad to hear this.I already bought the music plugin from @SocialEngineSolutions (and many more plugins/themes) ,a company which i had and have very good business, fast on updates, fast on solving the ticket's and with a very big respect for the clients... this is another one company that i will recommend together with @SocialEngineAddOns Thank you for your reply, glad to hear this.I already bought the music plugin from @SocialEngineSolutions (and many more plugins/themes) ,a company which i had and have very good business, fast on updates, fast on solving the ticket's and with a very big respect for the clients... this is an (…more)
        • 20 2 votes
        • Jan 27, 2017
        • (edited)
        •  
        •  

gs Most of their Plugins (at least for SE) could be replaced by others in the SE MarketPlace (I can't speak for every single feature - I'm speaking in general Plugin use). I made it a point during 2014/2015 when researching 'the other place' and then later SE that what I needed could be met by Devs/Plugins other than younetco. There's still 2 that I hope an SE Dev will develop, and maybe now they will since younetco is no longer an option here. BTW Donna - younetco still includes all their SE Plugins on their site for sale. There's obviously nothing SE can do about that, so hopefully people will look/search here first. Most of their Plugins (at least for SE) could be replaced by others in the SE MarketPlace (I can't speak for every single feature - I'm speaking in general Plugin use). I made it a point during 2014/2015 when researching 'the other place' and then later SE that what I needed could be met by (…more)
          •  
          •  

Donna Hi gs,

Yes they can list the products on their site. Our official Marketplace should be a client's first stop for plugins though. Let's hope clients do look there first or check our forum here as there are many helpful posts. :)

Thank you for your feedback! Happy Friday! :)
            •  
            •  

Dandy Hi,

Glad to see these guys are out the marketplace, waisted over 15k of hard earned cash on these guys in the past... I still can't believe where all that money went... When customizations where done and showing bugs, I had to pay in full to iron these bugs out... for every bit of communication I got an invoice. They have brought this onto themselves, to greedy and a lack of passion for it's products and service...
            Hi,

Glad to see these guys are out the marketplace, waisted over 15k of hard earned cash on these guys in the past... I still can't believe where all that money went... When customizations where done and showing bugs, I had to pay in full to iron these bugs out... for every bit of communicat (…more)
            • 10 1 vote
            • Mar 9, 2017
    •  
    •  

Donna Hi @Leandro Rocha,

Thank you for your post and thoughtful feedback.

We understand your concerns regarding YouNet as they were part of our marketplace in the past. During the expert approval process for our new marketplace, several factors were weighed. In regards to this developer, a decision not to approve their Expert profile was made based on client feedback and other concerns.

Some of you may also be aware of posts in various forums regarding YouNet owning or partnering with one of our competitors. As we were able to confirm such associations, we felt it contrary to SocialEngine interests to have a direct competitor as an Expert in our marketplace.
    Hi @Leandro Rocha,

We understand your concerns regarding YouNet as they were part of our marketplace in the past. During the expert approval process for our new marketplace, several factors were weighed. In regards to this developer, a decisio (…more)
© 2018 SE Founders Community Privacy & Terms Powered by SocialEngine Cloud

Edited by Les, 13 April 2018 - 11:25 AM.

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#2 hanya

hanya

Level 3

• Members
  • Level
  • 123 points
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:24 AM

looks like Socialenginesolutions is also good stuff @Les .. hahaha

or socialenginepro,,,hehehe .... or Socialengineaddons,,, hahaha...

Edited by hanya, 14 April 2018 - 02:27 AM.

#3 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,018 points
  • 3,316 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:17 PM

looks like Socialenginesolutions is also good stuff @Les .. hahaha

or socialenginepro,,,hehehe .... or Socialengineaddons,,, hahaha...

Socialengine is in the process of enforcing their Certified Plugins/Modules program. They are trying to make all developers sell their modules/plugins/widgets/themes through the SE Marketplace to licensecheck their SE platform user licenses. YouNetco made one module (Wiki) that a user complained about features. We here at SocialengineForumknow the real reason because they talk about it in their community forum, "US and our nulling and sharing!"

Edited by Les, 14 April 2018 - 03:18 PM.

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#4 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,018 points
  • 3,316 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:11 PM

I disagree with Socialengine. I used most of all YouNetco modules to include themes and they all work 100% most of the time just like other developer modules. By the way, used for years!

socialengine-experts.png

#5 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,018 points
  • 3,316 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

If you are a YouNetco customer you should call or email them and let them know how you feel about them not developing SE4 modules any more. They don't need SE Marketplace.

socialengine-experts.png

#6 paulsj

paulsj

Level 7

• Premium
  • Level
  • 377 points
  • 1,255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:17 AM

Personally, I think it's SocialEngine.com not the developers. They create update versions that are often don't support older plugins or themes... forcing the developers to constantly update their plugins to keep up with the changes. Also, many plugins are too dependence on SocialEngine core. The developers have their own cores, but they stop working when SocialEngine comes out with new updates.

#7 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,018 points
  • 3,316 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

Personally, I think it's SocialEngine.com not the developers. They create update versions that are often don't support older plugins or themes... forcing the developers to constantly update their plugins to keep up with the changes. Also, many plugins are too dependence on SocialEngine core. The developers have their own cores, but they stop working when SocialEngine comes out with new updates.

I just don't understand why they would want to abandon them. They have been around since the beginning. They all are guilty of making less than perfect plugins. YouNetco plugins are very good especially when you stick to using nothing but theirs for your major services or features. YouNetco spends most of their time creating quality not security from nullification by end users.

socialengine-experts.png

#8 socialsecurity

socialsecurity

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 6 points
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Socialengine is in the process of enforcing their Certified Plugins/Modules program. They are trying to make all developers sell their modules/plugins/widgets/themes through the SE Marketplace to licensecheck their SE platform user licenses. YouNetco made one module (Wiki) that a user complained about features. We here at SocialengineForumknow the real reason because they talk about it in their community forum, "US and our nulling and sharing!"

Where do you think this will go, looking the road ahead for SE? While decentralization is becoming the new standard for many tech companies, SocialEngine is becoming more and more centralized (e.g. Apple style) In my humble opinion I think in the long run they will shoot themselves in the foot...

Any other thoughts?

#9 Kronos

Kronos

Level 3

• Members
  • Level
  • 13 points
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

Where do you think this will go, looking the road ahead for SE? While decentralization is becoming the new standard for many tech companies, SocialEngine is becoming more and more centralized (e.g. Apple style) In my humble opinion I think in the long run they will shoot themselves in the foot...

Any other thoughts?

Yeah Dapps are the future.  Social engine can't even stop using Mootools, we asked them since 2012 to move to Jquery.

#10 varshaan

varshaan

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 21 points
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 06:24 PM

From community.onsocialengine.com

APR 13, 2018  |  03:08AM PDT
Donna replied:

Hello Les,

Thank you for contacting SocialEngine support! I’m happy to help you with your inquiry.

Yes, that is correct. More info found in this thread, https://community.on...opment-standard .

We encourage you to use our certified marketplace, https://www.socialen.../categories/all as those plugins are all tested. If you don’t find one you want, https://www.socialen.../categories/all , perhaps find one there and then ask that expert to submit it for certification.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Regards,
Donna

https://community.on...opment-standard

Younetco Wiki - A example of bad third party development standard

I already opened a discussion about the lack of development standards among SE developers. Recently I brought the Younetco wiki a plugin that costs USD 89 and to my surprise the plugin is missing several things. Just to start the plugin doesn't have support to description in the activity feed, so when you create a Wiki in the feed only the title and the image appear. This doesn't make any sense.

Beyond this the layout of the plugin is completly different what make CSS rules from default themes from SE can't work fine.

•  
    •  

Gabry I also had bad business with this guy's.The worst thing that they make is that they launch for example the plugin "Music" and after 3 months they don't update it anymore and they launch another music plugin called "Advanced music" and so one ..so we are forced to buy the next plugin as they don't update anymore the first one. Why they don't transform the first "Music" plugin in "Advanced music" so the customers that bought it to be able to continue using it or at least give it for free to the customers that bought the first "Music" plugin as an update. That means they want only money and not care about customers. I also had bad business with this guy's.The worst thing that they make is that they launch for example the plugin "Music" and after 3 months they don't update it anymore and they launch another music plugin called "Advanced music" and so one ..so we are forced to buy the next plugin as they (…more)
      •  
      •  

Donna Hello @gabry ,

Thank you for posting your feedback. As we have not approved their Expert developer account (mentioned below), we don't anticipate clients having further issues going forward since they are no longer in our Marketplace. For those that already have their products, you would want to contact them to seek assistance or perhaps see if there are other Experts in our Marketplace with plugins that could replace the ones you purchased. Hello @gabry ,

Thank you for posting your feedback. As we have not approved their Expert developer account (mentioned below), we don't anticipate clients having further issues going forward since they are no longer in our Marketplace. For those that already have their products, you would wan (…more)
        •  
        •  

Gabry Thank you for your reply, glad to hear this.I already bought the music plugin from @SocialEngineSolutions (and many more plugins/themes) ,a company which i had and have very good business, fast on updates, fast on solving the ticket's and with a very big respect for the clients... this is another one company that i will recommend together with @SocialEngineAddOns Thank you for your reply, glad to hear this.I already bought the music plugin from @SocialEngineSolutions (and many more plugins/themes) ,a company which i had and have very good business, fast on updates, fast on solving the ticket's and with a very big respect for the clients... this is an (…more)
        • 20 2 votes
        • Jan 27, 2017
        • (edited)
        •  
        •  

gs Most of their Plugins (at least for SE) could be replaced by others in the SE MarketPlace (I can't speak for every single feature - I'm speaking in general Plugin use). I made it a point during 2014/2015 when researching 'the other place' and then later SE that what I needed could be met by Devs/Plugins other than younetco. There's still 2 that I hope an SE Dev will develop, and maybe now they will since younetco is no longer an option here. BTW Donna - younetco still includes all their SE Plugins on their site for sale. There's obviously nothing SE can do about that, so hopefully people will look/search here first. Most of their Plugins (at least for SE) could be replaced by others in the SE MarketPlace (I can't speak for every single feature - I'm speaking in general Plugin use). I made it a point during 2014/2015 when researching 'the other place' and then later SE that what I needed could be met by (…more)
          •  
          •  

Donna Hi gs,

Yes they can list the products on their site. Our official Marketplace should be a client's first stop for plugins though. Let's hope clients do look there first or check our forum here as there are many helpful posts. :)

Thank you for your feedback! Happy Friday! :)
            •  
            •  

Dandy Hi,

Glad to see these guys are out the marketplace, waisted over 15k of hard earned cash on these guys in the past... I still can't believe where all that money went... When customizations where done and showing bugs, I had to pay in full to iron these bugs out... for every bit of communication I got an invoice. They have brought this onto themselves, to greedy and a lack of passion for it's products and service... Hi,

Glad to see these guys are out the marketplace, waisted over 15k of hard earned cash on these guys in the past... I still can't believe where all that money went... When customizations where done and showing bugs, I had to pay in full to iron these bugs out... for every bit of communicat (…more)
            • 10 1 vote
            • Mar 9, 2017
    •  
    •  

Donna Hi @leandro Rocha,

We understand your concerns regarding YouNet as they were part of our marketplace in the past. During the expert approval process for our new marketplace, several factors were weighed. In regards to this developer, a decision not to approve their Expert profile was made based on client feedback and other concerns.

Some of you may also be aware of posts in various forums regarding YouNet owning or partnering with one of our competitors. As we were able to confirm such associations, we felt it contrary to SocialEngine interests to have a direct competitor as an Expert in our marketplace. Hi @leandro Rocha,

We understand your concerns regarding YouNet as they were part of our marketplace in the past. During the expert approval process for our new marketplace, several factors were weighed. In regards to this developer, a decisio (…more)
© 2018 SE Founders Community Privacy & Terms Powered by SocialEngine Cloud

Yeah Younet plugins are getting outdated and support is very bad. Even others are also not great with their service. These plugins also wont work great with each other. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.