We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.0.0rc1! This is a release candidate for fresh installs or upgrades of development sites. For a list of the new features in version 5, please see our v5.0.0b1 release blog. This release candidate (rc1) further improves the new features and fixes bugs found during testing.
To explain, a release candidate is considered nearly bug free and has an upgrade routine. These versions are recommended for use on development sites or new communities but not recommended for established communities as there could still be bugs that could impact your members’ experience. More New Features! We had listed some new features in our beta release blog. Here are a few other new features:
- Added four more column layouts!
- Better profile design.
- Header widget for accessibility options.
- Added “More” drop down for main menu. Admin can choose how many menus to show before the “More” menu shows with a drop down for the rest of the menus.
- Fixed - issue with newly added manual payment methods when editing them after initial save.
- Improved - responsive theme issues, UI improvements, and minor CSS tweaks.
- Improved - manual payment gateway settings.
- Improved - phrase for “edit thumbnail” was misleading. Changed to “Edit Profile Photo.”
- Improved - photo browse now matches album browse design.
- Fixed - draft blogs for groups showed to anyone.
- Improved - flood control phrases for better clarity.
- Improved - added password check and tips in the member’s change password page as it was missing those.
As we have mobile apps coming, our minimum requirements will be updated to include requiring the following: PHP extensions: IntlChar (required for Unicode characters support.) If you want to use the mobile apps when available, please be sure to check with your host and send them our requirements list.
A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 5.0.0rc1 release.
You can download your copy of version 5.0.0rc1 from your client dashboard. New clients who purchased within 90 days of the 5.0.0b1 release will see the download available once you click the “SocialEngine” file. For clients not seeing the download, a fee is required in order to unlock this version if you hadn’t unlocked it already.
As this is an “rc” release, it is for testing purposes only and not recommended for use on established sites. Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time as long as your development site is installed on a server (per the license terms). You can upgrade by following the upgrade tutorial but we recommend upgrading a development clone of your main site rather than upgrading your live site. Upgrade service is not offered for rc releases. Note: As we have a new theme, Insignia is being retired and will no longer be supported. It will be available as a free download from our store for those that want to use it and get experts to update it. If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community. With Great Appreciation, The SocialEngine Team
Edited by Les, 14 January 2020 - 06:28 PM.