Kronos

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 17 points
  • 122 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:32 AM

Anyone have a custom module for categorizing users?

For example I want to use a module to display selected users onto a page.

With profile pic and link.

Right now I'm doing it manually and linking it with a URL but I'd like to be able to categorize them and display them in a block.

Thanks

Similar to this https://www.socialen...f-display-block

#2 Les

Les

Blue Team Lima 1

• Moderators
  • Level
  • 5,104 points
  • 3,412 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:00 PM

Anyone have a custom module for categorizing users?

For example I want to use a module to display selected users onto a page.

With profile pic and link.

Right now I'm doing it manually and linking it with a URL but I'd like to be able to categorize them and display them in a block.

Thanks

Similar to this https://www.socialen...f-display-block

Are you talking about like a Featured Member or Newest Member widget? How much information do you want to display? It almost sounds like maybe something you could extract from dating module. A possible widget that can be customized.

https://www.socialen.../Dating-system#

Edited by Les, 19 May 2020 - 03:05 PM.

:emo: Please don't forget to  27-AwardsImgIcon.png "LIKE" if you like this post or if it is helpful to you. This is a way to show gratitude for the help that you received. After all, the "LIKE" costs you nothing. Don't you agree? Also, any and all modules, plug-ins, themes, widgets, or DB entries that are shared or posted by me are for educational purposes. Please visit the developers websites and purchase legitimately, if you like them. Thanks, Les

socialengine-experts.png

#3 Kronos

Kronos

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 17 points
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:05 AM

This module would fetch selected user's:

Profile picture, name, country, base on a status giving by admin, starting date and end date. It would be displayed on dedicated page.

For example: users "on vacation" status,  " starting date"  " end date"

Right now I solve this by creating a page. ( pages/vacation)

Then I manually take their profile picture, resize it and put it on  that page along with names, status, country.

I'm trying to find an easier way to call any user base on the status I give them on the backend, they will be displayed in a module on a dedicated page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.