We are very happy to announce the release of SocialEngine PHP 5.5.0! This release adds improvements, bug fixes and more! Features and Improvements:
- Online events! We’ve added the ability to select “Online” as an option when making events. This is a hot request item! Now, you and your members will be able to set events as online and post the website link.
- Improved two step authentication for deleting account by adding buttons to make it clear how to get the verification code and how to confirm deleting the account.
- Links now grab the favicon of a site if no og:image exists. This is great for making nice looking link shares in the activity feed.
- Added member level settings for “Can change email” and a setting to require a verification code for changing the email if the member is allowed to change their email.
Following is a list of fixes in this release:Bugs Fixed:
- Fixed - Profile question multi-line text input loses formatting for paragraph.
- Fixed - Photo Album long name overlaps date and time stamp in feed.
- Fixed - Photo albums not showing in profile albums tab.
- Fixed - Icons in notification flag displayed not found for some images. Improved this to show the user profile image for each notification.
- Fixed - Cover photo reposition was not working.
- Fixed - Clicking Stats for user in admin panel produced undefined index for baseURL.
- Fixed - Sign out menu not using icon.
- Fixed - Notification privacy settings not working for in-site notifications.
- Fixed - Warning log code incorrect for auto delete.
- Fixed - List formatting issue in forum posts.
- Fixed - Video with Emoji in title shows Unicode.
- Fixed - Message MiniMenu - Mark All Read Not Working.
- Fixed - Links not opening in blog.
- Fixed - Show error if user enters a space in their name, which is not an allowed character.
- Fixed - Invitation does not check for duplicate email.
- Fixed - Viewing profile as guest creates error in log for missing level_id.
- Fixed - Super admin unable to modify, close, delete or manage group and event discussions.
- Fixed - Long content name overlaps timestamp in feed.
- Fixed - Emojis displaying unicode in cover area when entered via Windows keyboard.
- Fixed - Error with level_id for profile info widget when viewed as guest.
- Fixed - Expiry notification for subscriptions sends every 6 hours if value at 0 for date.
- Fixed - Phrase in admin/core/settings/password.
- Fixed - Added phrase in the payment transactions page as payments from payment gateways can take 24 - 48 hours to show.
- Mobile App Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed- iOS App Site Title Missing
- Fixed - SESapi issue with likes, comments and reporting feed items if the api and mobile apps are installed but not activated.
A complete changelog is available for more details about the changes and fixes implemented in this 5.5.0 release. Please view our demo of v5 and explore the new features! As always we highly encourage all users to do a complete backup of both files and database before performing this upgrade. Please have the backup performed by your host or a developer if you’re not comfortable with performing it yourself. Always check with third party experts for compatibility with any products you use before upgrading. Important: If you are on version 4.9.4p1 or below, you will need to follow the special steps in the upgrading documents linked below before upgrading and apply the patch mentioned. You can download your copy of version 5.5.0 from our new client dashboard. For clients still using v4 of the SocialEngine PHP platform, you would need to first purchase the v5 upgrade in order to access the latest version. If you hadn’t requested to be moved to our new dashboard, please contact us. Fresh installs should follow our installation tutorial or you can order an installation ticket and our team will get it installed in no time! To upgrade from a previous version to 5.5.0, please view our upgrade documentation. If you find any issues with this release, please let us know by filing a bug report in our Bug Tracker. We’d also like to encourage you to stay connected with the community. With Great Appreciation, The SocialEngine Team
Edited by y2k4ever, 01 April 2021 - 11:12 PM.