ago967

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 5 points
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:43 PM

Another question if you can help...

I run mysqltuner.pl and I receive back: [!!] InnoDB is enabled but isn't being used

I don't understand why mysqltuner saysto me I am NOT using InnoDB if SE works with it.
Thx!

#102 shahzad

shahzad

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 99 points
  • 245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I am using SE 4.1.4 by Jorge. I only use one plugin, which is the Forum 4.1.4. Should I be worried about using SE on shared server. I dont have any users on my site, its just for me for learning purpose..

Also, I did not receive any errors whatsoever.

#103 marine1

marine1

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 97 points
  • 179 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Running a demo version in JustHost and it is working just fine!
Either way, thanks for the information and I will look into it when I decide
to go live with the site!
Thank you!

#104 Lavanaut

Lavanaut

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 8 points
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I have
innodb_log_file_size = 5M
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 16M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 2M
innodb_log_buffer_size = 8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 2
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 50

but I don't have
innodb_thread_concurrency=8

in my my.ini file on windows already set for me for some reason...
is this better then yours or worse?

thanks for this by the way.

#105 vbcharlie

vbcharlie

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 10 points
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Hi! I am trying to install "php_apc.dll" I have a 2nd gen i5 - win7 - xampp 1.8.0 - SE4.5

I found a site http://www.devskills.com/ that tell you how to go about it

Step1: Download PHP APC from http://downloads.php.net/pierre/ at the time of writing version "php_apc-20110109-5.3-vc9-x86.zip" is the latest.

Step2: Extract the file there will be "php_apc.dll".

Step3: Now put this file in folder "D:\XAMPP\xampp\php\ext" it depend on your installation of xampp.

Step4: Now open php.ini located at "D:\XAMPP\xampp\php\php.ini" and find php_mysql.dll here you will find other extensions as well just need to add new extension like this
extension=php_apc.dll close this file after saving changes.

Step5: Restart Apache from Xampp Control Panel

step6: Verify either php_apc is installed for xampp or not by visiting http://localhost/xampp/index.php on the left there is phpinfo() just click it and search for apc. if you find apc related settings it means php_apc is successfully installed

But thy give you 2 files - NTS and TS with the same php_apc.dll in it ... wtf!

I have installed SE 4.5 and cant get the se-chat to work and the only thing missing on the install is APC
Any help will be very appreciated 10X

Edited by vbcharlie, 26 April 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#106 vbcharlie

vbcharlie

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 10 points
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

There are two builds for each PHP version: one is thread-safe, and one is not (referred to as the non-thread-safe [NTS] version).

The thread-safe version is designed for environments where the Web server core can keep the PHP engine in memory, running multiple treads of execution for different Web requests simultaneously.

The architecture of IIS and the FastCGI extension provide an isolation model that keeps requests separate, removing the need for a thread-safe version.

The NTS version does not have any of the code that allows PHP to manage multiple threads.

As a result, there is a performance improvement on IIS when using the NTS version when compared to the tread-safe version because the NTS version avoids unnecessary thread-safety checks (FastCGI ensures a single-threaded execution environment).

OK! So witch of the 2 do you need for Social Engine 4.5?

#107 Hate

Hate

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 40 points
  • 130 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hello,

Does it effect anything else? Example will it limit third party plugin performing tasks?

Posted Image

#108 degeneden

degeneden

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 29 points
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

Well all Social Engine 4 users , do you know why social engine 4 takes soo much server resource, its takes all server ram, WHY? Does Social Engine Official Team has this answer? No...... But Social Engine Forum aka SEF team has this answer with proper solution, would it be shared for free or premium :P :P :P

Its not social engine 4 script problem, its because Social Engine 4 using InnoDB database, Problem lies inside your database and your server MYSQL configuration, you need to configure something in your MY SQL, and for this you need good VPS having 1-2gb ram or Dedicated Server with 4-8gb ram and keep in mind Social Engine 4 cannot be hosted on shared servers because you cannot set that value to your server while on shared hosting. It still consumes your server ram, thats why cannot be hosted on Shared Servers but your site will get a boost performance.

yo salman I was long time out of this sef .... and I read this se works on sharee hosting but will have buffer and loading too much time , I set on 128 mb ram and swap of 256 cent os os and working good but when more people connects server gets too much loading however social engine need better optimization

reggards

Its not Social Engine is slow, Social Engine InnoDB database takes all over your server ram and when ram consumed by Server, your server looses its performance and your site will also looses its performance.

Ok here is solution to control Ram Buffer and some other things for innodb
For my UBUNTU LINUX SERVER EDITION 10.4 LTS its file location
/etc/mysql/my.cnf
its configuration file of MYSQL
add these line in the end of file, and make sure entry should not be double, kindly search for same line in file before

innodb_buffer_pool_size=2M
  innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=1M
  innodb_log_file_size=2M
  innodb_log_buffer_size=2M
  innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2
  innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
  innodb_thread_concurrency=8

After adding this code, restart your MYSQL

#include <iostream.h> #include <math.h> cout < "PwNed"; return 0; :)))

#109 slightlysociable

slightlysociable

Level 4

• Members
  • Level
  • 48 points
  • 208 posts
    • Software:SE 4.8.x

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

So from what I can tell, it's not so much CPU utilization thats an issue, but the need to put as much of the MySQL database into RAM as possible?
Has anyone tried litespeed web server rather than nginx or apache? Apparently it is far superior for php.

Im am very concerned about performance\response. I am building my site on shared hosting (Apache) and with just me being on there sometimes it is very, very slow. To the point that it makes me question if I can use SE for this. At this point I do not have any non SE plugins installed.
I understand the demands for a fully functioning social networking website are high, however I feel that it should be able to produce a reasonable response time if there is only one user!!

#110 aguinaldo

aguinaldo

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 9 points
  • 23 posts
    • Software:SE 4.7.x

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hi Salman!
You right on centos the file is on /etc/mysql/my.cnf

as i mentioned above in my post for UBUNTU SERVER
For my UBUNTU LINUX SERVER EDITION 10.4 LTS its file location
/etc/mysql/my.cnf
its configuration file of MYSQL

also you need Managed VPS or DEDICATED Server to do such configurations, which has root access
if you are using Cpanel, i dont know its WHM has file manager or not
I access that file from WEBMIN file manager, install webmin on your managed vps / dedicated server http://www.webmin.com/

You can do it via puty too
if you are using CENTOS Operating System , its file location maybe changed, i dont know where is this file in CentOS but after using google i found this
http://help.directad.../item.php?id=44
maybe its /etc/my.cnf

from webmin , you can find this file easily in its file manager , using search tool, and find my.cnf ,users having WHM should look around it, i am not using CPanel/WHM
as Ubuntu Compilers are faster than centos, and SE4 works faster in Ubuntu Server 10.4 and control panel EHCP

Kindly dont add this code in any other file than my.cnf file for Linux and my.ini file for windows, else your server can get crashed

After adding this code, restart your MYSQL
Thank You :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.