#22 1jin

1jin

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 17 points
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 05:48 PM

does this solution apply to any server? or for certain sized server with certain number of users?

#23 dcool

dcool

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 5 points
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:51 AM

Hey Salman,

can you suggest me the best server for SE4....I want a reliable host which can meet all SE4 requirements

#24 bedrockhorror

bedrockhorror

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 8 points
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:56 AM

I would recommend hosting24.com, but their support sucks. They can't even edit the php.ini file for me so that the cooliris plugin will work correctly for me. Their exact words were: we don't edit the php.ini file.

#25 remo

remo

Level 3

• Members
  • Level
  • 38 points
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

i started with SE since week 1. I was with phpfox before. I kinda gave up on SE after v2. I'm back once more and felt like a noob with the new changes and all. After wasting a month, christmas and new year's eve studying SE4, I came to realize that SE is STILL one resource hog. There are many ways to control the ****, like the post above but man, y'all should keep your plugins to a minimum. I'm sure most of you think the more plugins the better? right? No it's not... Choose the right plugins too.

#26 andrewfashion

andrewfashion

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 8 points
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:21 AM

increasing the size of buffers may also increase mysql performance for SE
e.g.
key_buffer_size = 000M
table_cache = 0000
sort_buffer_size = 0M
read_buffer_size = 0M
join_buffer_size = 0M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 00M

the values of above buffer sizes depends on the size of your server's ram

What would you set those to if you have a 64bit CentOS 5.5 dedicated server with 8GB ram?

#27 rich5535

rich5535

Level 2

• Members
  • Level
  • 3 points
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

Well all Social Engine 4 users , do you know why social engine 4 takes soo much server resource, its takes all server ram, WHY? Does Social Engine Official Team has this answer? No...... But Social Engine Forum aka SEF team has this answer with proper solution, would it be shared for free or premium :P :P :P

Its not social engine 4 script problem, its because Social Engine 4 using InnoDB database, Problem lies inside your database and your server MYSQL configuration, you need to configure something in your MY SQL, and for this you need good VPS having 1-2gb ram or Dedicated Server with 4-8gb ram and keep in mind Social Engine 4 cannot be hosted on shared servers because you cannot set that value to your server while on shared hosting. It still consumes your server ram, thats why cannot be hosted on Shared Servers but your site will get a boost performance.

Its not Social Engine is slow, Social Engine InnoDB database takes all over your server ram and when ram consumed by Server, your server looses its performance and your site will also looses its performance.

Ok here is solution to control Ram Buffer and some other things for innodb
For my UBUNTU LINUX SERVER EDITION 10.4 LTS its file location
/etc/mysql/my.cnf
its configuration file of MYSQL
add these line in the end of file, and make sure entry should not be double, kindly search for same line in file before

innodb_buffer_pool_size=2M
 innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=1M
 innodb_log_file_size=2M
 innodb_log_buffer_size=2M
 innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=2
 innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
 innodb_thread_concurrency=8

After adding this code, restart your MYSQL

Really helps... thx...
Nulled Scripts... Fixing is more than production...

#28 ishaan

ishaan

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 2 points
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Thanks Man

#29 Hrac

Hrac

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 2 points
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

Thanks alot!

#30 Akshay

Akshay

Level 2

• Banned
  • Level
  • 10 points
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

SOCIAL ENGINE FORUM ROCKS....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.