Good morning everyone,
I'm starting the creation of a new (small) group of people who would be interested in splitting the development cost of a module for SocialEngine that would integrate Rocket Chat to SE.
For more information on Rocket Chat, visit: https://rocket.chat/
The reason I'm creating this group is that Social Engine, while a great social media platform, does not provide powerful enough Chat system for it's user. Most of us have tried many different chat modules, including the basic including chat box, CometChat, Arrow Chat, etc... But all of them failed to truly provide a solid, fast and responsive chat for Social Engine.
- Rocket.chat is open source, free, in the very same spirit that Social Engine is being built
- It is the largest and most active open source team chat community (16k stars on GitHub and more than 600 contributors)
- Rocket Chat is stable, fast, self hosted or cloud based
- It is the leading "team chat" service as a Slack alternative
- It offers the unique possibility of being integrated with a wide range of other software, opening numerous opportunities for Social Engine
I estimate that if we reach a group of 10-15 people, the cost of developing the module will be less than $200 per person. Of course, this is linear so the more people who joins us, the least expensive it will become.
If like us, you are tired of working with poorly performing chat add-ons, and want to expand your chat functions, please contact me directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to having you join our team. Matt @ Zource.it
Edited by mattinv, 07 February 2018 - 04:11 PM.