davidballerini

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:29 PM

1) Developer SDK

I'm generating the skeletons of my plugins via "Create a Package". Since it creates a .tar file for each plugin, I assume my next step is to add the plugin skeleton through the Manage PLugins page of the admin?
Y / N

2) Adding pieces
Whether the answer above was yes or no (in such case I had to decompressed the .tar file and to add all folders and files manually) a lot of elements are obviously missing and I will have to add them bit by bit as I develop.

I assume that throughout the development, as I add controllers, models etc, I will be adding tables to the DB manually, as well as elements inside the manifest.php file. Correct? Y/N

I also assume that I can leave alone: the instal.php file, the my.sql file and the json file inside /packages, as those seem to be only involved during initial installation of a completed plugin
Correct? Y/N

Or do I also have to keep constantly updating the instal.php file, the my.sql file and the json file inside packages?

#2 paulsj

paulsj

Level 7

• Premium
  • Level
  • 379 points
  • 1,255 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

It's probably better finding plugin that has similar task and function, then use the editor to do search and replace terms or words. Like taking the Blog plugin, then search the word blog and replace with other plugin name you want to accomplish. And for the database, just adding prefix etc.

#3 davidballerini

davidballerini

Level 1

• Members
  • Level
  • 0 points
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for the advice, Paul

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugin, developer sdk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

All the resources listed here are just for testing purpose and they shouldn't be used at any commercial environment without a valid license.
Those are for users who wants to try them before buy. Help the developer to build it better by purchasing them from original authors.